Concise Finance has associations with insurance specialists who can help with your general and life insurance needs. They operate as brokers between you and the insurance companies and are not aligned with or tied to any financial institution, meaning they do not favour any product. Our insurance specialists will consider your requirements and the strengths and weaknesses of competing insurers and policies to make sure you get the most suitable deal.

There are a number of options available:

Home insurance

Home insurance can protect your buildings and contents against a range of insurable events or accidents.

 Why would I need home insurance?

Home insurance protects your home and belongings and allows you to replace these should they be lost, damaged or stolen as a result of an insured event. Think of how much of a financial strain it would be for you to replace of all the possessions you own, or the money needed to re-build your house if you found yourself needing to do this. Also, if your home is mortgaged, banks will generally require that you adequately insure your home as a condition of the loan.

How much cover do I need?

For buildings cover, consider the size of the building and the cost of the materials used in its construction as well as any external features such as garages or pools. To determine the value of your contents and valuables, consider kitchenware, furniture, electrical equipment and entertainment – basically everything you own.

Points to consider…

Choose your excess carefully. A low excess will mean you have less to pay if you need to claim, but it will increase your premium.

Confirm whether there are discounts available for combining home insurance with other insurance products.

Home security measures such as alarms, dead locks, window locks and belonging to neighbourhood watch may reduce your premium. Not having some of these may also prevent insurance being granted in certain areas.

There will generally be different cover levels – consider which best suits your needs.

 Landlord insurance

Landlord insurance is designed specifically for those purchasing, or who own, residential investment property. Landlord insurance can provide protection for your property and rental income as well as providing legal liability relating to injuries or damage resulting from management or ownership of the property.

 Why would I need landlord insurance?

If you are a landlord, your property and any contents you have in it, are susceptible to many new risks associated with tenants, along with the normal threats facing property ownership. Landlord insurance protects your investment and can cover lost rent in certain circumstances. Also, if your investment property is mortgaged, banks will generally require that you adequately insure your property as a condition of the loan.

How much cover do I need?

Consider the size of the building and the cost of the materials used in its construction, as well as the value of all personal contents held on the property.

 Car insurance

Depending on the type of cover you choose, Car insurance can protect against loss or damage to your car and cover you for your legal liability for loss or damage to another person’s property.

 Why would I need car insurance?

Replacing or repairing a vehicle after it has been damaged or stolen can be an expensive exercise. Car insurance can provide you with the comfort that any expenses resulting from a car theft or accident will be taken care of.

How much cover do I need?

Consider whether you need comprehensive cover, cover for legal liability and damage caused by fire or theft only, or third party cover that covers your legal liability only. If choosing comprehensive cover, you’ll need to decide whether to agree an insured value for your car or to insure your car at market value.

Points to consider…

Consider your choice of cover carefully.

Confirm whether there are any other drivers that should be nominated so that they are insured under the policy.

Be sure to accurately include all information relating to the insurance policy, including details such as any vehicle modifications, where the vehicle will be parked, your previous insurance claims history and so on. Let the insurer know if any of these change.

 Travel insurance

Travel insurance can cover you for medical emergencies, theft or cancellation while you are on holiday.

 Why would I need travel insurance?

A lot of time and money goes into planning and funding our precious holidays, which is why it makes sense to protect against the chance that something may go wrong. Travel Insurance can cover things such as lost or stolen belongings, delayed travel and medical assistance.

How much cover do I need?

Your level of cover will be determined by your travel destination.

Points to consider…

Your policy will require you to take reasonable measures to ensure the safety of yourself and your belongings on holiday.

 Business insurance

Business insurance protects against certain risks that may affect the running of your business.

 Why would I need business insurance?

Business insurance can help your business recover from potentially harmful events such as property damage, equipment breakdown, theft, liability claims and losses incurred during business interruption caused by an insured event. Without insurance, there is a real danger that your business won’t recover from events like those mentioned above.

How much cover do I need?

Talk with a business insurance expert to ensure your business is adequately protected from all the events that could affect its operations.

Points to consider…

Seek advice from a Business Insurance expert to determine your cover levels and what optional benefits are suitable for your situation.

 Health insurance

Health insurance provides timely access to a wide range of health services.

Joseph LincoInsurance